Employee Benefits Specialist
Arbutus Financial is a comprehensive financial services firm. Our Employee Benefits division provides trusted advice and customized, innovative employee benefit and retirement solutions for our clients. We work alongside our clients’ human resource and executive teams to identify objectives in all aspects of benefits plan design and delivery.
About the Opportunity
The Employee Benefits Specialist supports our Employee Benefit Advisors by handling a variety of tasks and functions including contract document review, amendment tracking, client communication and issue resolution.
You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help you build your technical knowledge and overall industry experience.
This role is critical to our Employee Benefits Division, and ultimately our clients, with proactive service delivery to maximize client retention and develop both long-term and new client relationships. The role liaises with internal stakeholders, insurance carriers, other vendors and resource partners.
- Provide direct day-to-day problem solving support for clients by phone, e-mail, drafting correspondence/ formal reports, and some face-to-face meetings
- Provide administrative support to Advisors in preparing client deliverables including renewals, proposals reports, spreadsheets, presentations and other customized documents
- Work closely with plan administrators to ensure efficient administration of their employee benefits programs
- Manage all aspects of client plan amendments, pricing of changes, client correspondence and review of insurer’s materials
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding employee benefit details or claim payments
- Support internal office processes and communication
- Update and maintain all client/prospect database information
- Negotiate, problem solve and maintain positive relationships with insurers and other suppliers
- Complete or facilitate the full employee benefits cycle: plan design, provider search, implementation, experience monitoring, renewal report
- Develop and maintain knowledge of industry trends including insurer news, products, legislation, and cost trends
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Arbutus Financial’s products and services
- Deliver training for plan administrators and employee education sessions
- Aim to understand each client’s needs and identify Arbutus Financial or other industry products or services that can meet these needs
What Do You Need To Succeed
Like us, you love the group benefits industry. You are relationship and customer focused, and an excellent communicator. Through your professional experiences, you have come to value and appreciate collaboration in the delivery of proactive and strategic solutions and high-quality client experiences.
Candidates with related administrative experience and ideally industry experience in group benefits are encouraged to apply.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years administrative and customer service experience preferably within group benefits
- Strong knowledge of group benefit products as well as applicable legislation is ideal
- Bachelor’s Degree or business diploma is an asset
- GBA designation or willingness to work towards designation is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships (internal and external)
- Detail oriented with sound analytical and problem-solving skills; finds insights via thorough analysis
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- Self-motivated and works well independently as well as within a collaborative team
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under timeline pressure
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Intermediate working knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), specifically in transferring data to meaningful client exhibits.
We offer a competitive total rewards program; salary plus bonus; benefits plan; Employee Assistance Program; personal development and tuition reimbursement; flexible working hours. Most of all we are a thoughtful and respectful team that values collaboration so we can learn and grow together!
If this full-time position with Arbutus Financial is of interest to you, please email your resume and cover letter to Derrek Quon – firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com. Thank you.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Customer Service and Support Health Care