Unique opportunity for a well-rounded, collaborative, and technically strong financial reporting leader who is seeking long-term career development. The new Director, Financial Reporting will work with successful mining industry leaders and will take the lead on public company financial reporting for two growing companies in the resource sector with significant assets and market cap of well over $1B.
Who- the Company:
Our confidential client has an interesting history and ambitious future plans. There are multiple entities and the leadership team is specifically hiring a new Director who will be dedicated to two businesses- one with ~$700M in assets and the other with a market cap of well over $1B.
What- the Role:
Our client is seeking a Director of Financial Reporting (newly created role) to help them on their growth journey. The new Director of Financial Reporting will report directly into the CFO. The portfolio of responsibilities is diverse and evolving, but the foundation of the role is high-quality financial reporting under IFRS.
- Public company financial reporting
- Advanced consolidations of wholly and non-wholly owned subsidiaries
- Investment accounting
- Valuations work
- Financial instrument disclosures
- Compilation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Primary responsibility for drafting MD&A.
- Technical accounting research and analysis.
- Oversee group financial audits of operating subsidiaries.
- Oversee application of internal control framework to ensure integrity and effectiveness of internal controls and SOX compliance
- Accounting for M&A transactions
- Review and improve accounting processes and accounting systems
There are few key elements that make this a great place to work: a) corporate culture that encourages both an entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork b) opportunity for long-term career development given the growth plans and c) international scope while still being a home-grown Canadian company.
Who- the Candidate:
- Candidates will have at least 10 years’ progressive experience within accounting, with a specialization in public company financial reporting.
- A blend of public company experience in both large firm public practice and industry is preferred, but candidates with only one or the other will also be seriously considered.
- IFRS and SOX experience.
- CPA designation (or International equivalent).
- Mergers & Acquisitions accounting experience, including post-acquisition integration, is an asset.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Involvement in taking a company public (in-house or a client) is a plus.
- Vancouver and/or Remote on PST hours.
- The new Director of Financial Reporting can work remotely to begin with as the office is not yet reopened, although ability to get to Vancouver for in-person business meetings and teambuilding events is preferred.
- Longer term, the Director must be able to work out of Vancouver if they are an employee. Different configurations may work for an independent consultant. Qualified out-of-province candidates will definitely be considered if they are open to relocating to BC in future.
Very competitive base salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications. Please discuss further with SWIM.
When & How to Apply:
Swim Recruiting will be representing shortlisted candidates directly to the hiring team for review. If you are interested in and excited about this great Director-level opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply as this search is moving very quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out to that individual directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit “Apply Now” to send us your resume. Thank you!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance