465 University Ave, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1A4N9
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you. Why is this role important?
The Registered Dietitian will interact with customers and the community at several store locations to promote healthy food choices and provide nutrition & health education, through activities such as on-floor education, food demonstrations, store tours, cooking classes, one-on-one consultations and other activities.
This role will support the following two locations, FT at 40 hours a week:
What You'll Do:
- 376 - Charlottetown Superstore
- 388 - Montague Superstore
What You'll Need:
- One-on-one counselling for customers for a variety of health conditions; fee associated
- Nutrition promotion - grocery store tours identifying healthy choices and how to read nutrition labels (topics include diabetes, cardiovascular health, food allergies as well as customer centric topics)
- Be the Wellness Champion and take responsibility of all wellness programs in store, including working with store management to engage colleagues to execute the programs (e.g. Guiding Stars)
- Educational classes and food demonstrations
- Partner with store departments/services that affect health promotion (i.e. pharmacy, medical clinics, cooking school, natural value, fitness center etc.)
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Increases customer loyalty and healthier basket size and choices
- Actively engages customers on the store floor
- Community outreach to promote services to the community and health care sector
How You'll Succeed:
- Registered Dietitian designation and membership with provincial colleague (in good standing)
- Professional liability insurance
- Experience in giving presentations and speaking to the public about health
- Able to work with a multi-dimensional health team, including traditional and non-traditional medical practitioners
- Team building skills and ability to build relationships with store colleagues
- Strong written and oral communication skill
- Experience with food preparation, food service, retail or food industry an asset
- Able to work flexible hours, including at minimum two evenings per week and two weekends per month
- Business acumen and sales experience is an asset
- Knowledge of health food products and supplements an asset
- Ability to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us. Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.