As a Senior Developer
, you will be researching cutting edge technologies in the Salesforce.com ecosystem, and using that knowledge to build products and accelerators. You will collaborate with project managers, other developers, UX, and QA team members to create solutions that address business challenges that our customers will be excited to use!
There are two types of initiatives that you will work on - Reuse and Emerging Technology. The Emerging Technology team proactively researches and experiments with new technology in the Salesforce.com ecosystem to help address known market gaps with new reusable IP and products for our clients. The Reuse team helps transform services deliverables that address repeatable customer pain points into reusable IP. Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done." Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce.com configuration and development (Lightning, Lightning Web Components, Apex, Triggers, Process Builder, Web Services, etc.); preferably managed package development
- Experience with Deployment process
- Experience in team building & mentoring new members
- Experience with Java, API Development, working with REST web services
- Experience with version control tools, continuous integration, and project management tools (e.g., Jira)
- Interest and/ or experience in AI and Analytics
- Ability to work on a global virtual team with strong, proactive communication/ collaboration skills.
- Self-Motivated problem solver who loves getting their hands dirty debugging issues
- Highly motivated with the ability to prioritize what's on your plate
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
- Working on the world's largest CRM and cloud-based application development platform with cutting-edge technology like Lightning Web Components (LWC), AI and IoT
- Researching brand new technologies and offerings from Salesforce.com and their ecosystem, and syndicating learnings internally and externally
- Building configured and custom-developed solutions on the Salesforce platform using new technologies plus existing platform offerings like Apex and Lightning
- Developing re-usable accelerators for internal and customer use
- Developing integration processes using REST APIs and third-party integration tools
- Data transformation and migration
- Guides new team members through their onboarding plan
- First line for developer-raised issues, intervening when necessary to aid in resolving issues
- Involvement in mentorship and performance management of team members
- Participating in the recruitment process by attending interviews and providing feedback on suitability of candidates to aid in hiring decisions.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by using technology - salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.
Traction on Demand
Customer Service and Support