Amsted Canada is not only a leader in the manufacture of industrial components, we are a company where you are the driver of your own career. At Amsted, we know that our employees are at the heart of our world-class business, and we value you and want you to excel with us. We spend time understanding where you want your career to go and help you get there by offering the support and resources that will allow you to grow with us. At Amsted, we also encourage a spirit of Innovation by allowing time and space to experiment, to think differently and to challenge the status quo. If this is the type of environment where you believe you will thrive, we encourage you to join us.
Operating under the Amsted Industries umbrella since 1962, today we are meeting the growing needs of a global market with over 80 facilities across six continents.
Amsted Canada has established a new Business Center in downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. We are elevating our Global Technology teams in many areas including but not limited to Security, Development, Infrastructure, Emerging Technology, SAP, Engineering, and Finance. These teams are instrumental in providing support to all Amsted affiliate locations worldwide.Position Details
In this position, the Automation Systems Database Administrator is responsible for managing the development and performance of SQL databases for Amsted Rail's many applications, businesses, and organizations. This role will be required to use their experience with data architecture and management to develop and scale SQL databases based on the organization's immediate and strategic needs. Required Skills/Abilities:
Compensation & Benefits
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers
- Develop processes for optimizing database security
- Set and maintain database standards
- Manage database access
- Performance tuning of database systems
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- Create automation for repeating database tasks
- Be available for on-call support as needed
Education and Experience:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, salary continuation, and a health spending account
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Company pension program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement credit
- Investment into your personal and professional development to ensure you remain at the top of your field and can reach your goals
- Being a part of team who cares about YOU - the professional and the person
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- One to three years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus
This position is being filled in our Charlottetown office and isnot available for remote work
at this time.
Amsted offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. We strive to be a place that people are attracted to, and go steps beyond to make sure our employees are happy on the job - and away from it. For more information, please visit our website at www.amsted.com to find out more about what makes our workplace special.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT