Amsted Digital Solutions, a subsidiary of Amsted Rail, is a leading provider of software solutions and Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) systems for supply chain visibility and condition monitoring. Our customers (railroad operators, rail asset owners, and shippers) use our solutions to monitor railcars and other remote assets to gain operational insight in near-real time through our platform.
At Amsted Digital, we are dedicated to solving our customer's challenges using the expertise and technical innovation required to transform data into actionable intelligence.
At Amsted, we know that our employees are at the heart of our world-class business and we value you and want you to excel with us. We spend time understanding where you want your career to go and help you get there by offering the support and resources that will allow you to grow with us. At Amsted, we also encourage a spirit of Innovation by allowing time and space to experiment, to think differently and to challenge the status quo. If this is the type of environment where you believe you will thrive, we encourage you to join us.Position Details
The Amsted Digital platform comprises enterprise software services, analytic and alert engines, data integration, and web applications to deliver actionable information to our customers.
The team is looking to add a Customer Experience Support Specialist to manage the relationship between our customers and our design and development teams.Accountabilities and Expectations
- Ability to build positive relationships with customers, our sales directors, and software development teams
- Be accountable for resolving customer issues with a strong sense of urgency to ensure customer satisfaction
- Applying software development skills in order to resolve specific customer issues related to our software solution
- Able to work with various internal resources and when necessary cross over informal lines of responsibility to get tasks completed
- Continuous learner, eager to learn, creative and motivated
- Able to manage challenging issues professionally with customers and internal stakeholders
- Continued positive performance and commitment to the time required to be successful
- Takes initiative
- Has written SQL queries and familiarity with database structures. Worked in technology company that collects and presents data in different formats.
Mission Critical Competencies for the Role / Level
- University degree or college diploma in the field of computer science
- At least 3 years hands on technical experience
- Service Desk experience beneficial
- Understanding of HTML, C#, Angular, SQL
- Corporate environments, experience with AWS/Azure and/or software licensing are considered a plus
- Windows 10 OS
Challenges you will face
- Communicates effectively
- Nimble learning
- Customer focus
- Manages complexity
- Action oriented
- Resourcefulness/Takes Initiative
- Drives results
Compensation & Benefits
- There are often many possible solutions to resolve a customer's issue, in this role you will be challenged to provide themost likely solutionin order to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Learning ability to familiarize themselves with the software applications and the platform to enhance the Support Specialists group's ability to resolve customer requests quickly - must not be afraid to dive in and ask tough questions to get to the best possible solution.
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, salary continuation, and a health spending account.
- Company pension program
- Fitness reimbursement credit
This position is located at our newly acquired PEI office, centrally located in the heart of downtown Charlottetown. The role is not considered remote. Customer Experience Specialist will be working closely with the teams out of Calgary, AB, and West Chester, PA.