Amsted Canada is not only a leader in the manufacture of industrial components, we are a company where you are the driver of your own career. At Amsted, we know that our employees are at the heart of our world-class business and we value you and want you to excel with us. We spend time understanding where you want your career to go and help you get there by offering the support and resources that will allow you to grow with us. At Amsted, we also encourage a spirit of Innovation by allowing time and space to experiment, to think differently and to challenge the status quo. If this is the type of environment where you believe you will thrive, we encourage you to join us.
Operating under the Amsted Industries umbrella since 1962, today we are meeting the growing needs of a global market with over 80 facilities across six continents.
Amsted Canada has established a new Business Center in downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. We are elevating our Global Technology teams in several areas including but not limited to Security, Development, Infrastructure, Emerging Technology, SAP, and Engineering. These teams are instrumental in providing support to all Amsted affiliate locations worldwide.Position Details:
The Components Testing Engineer will work on components functionality and reliability verification testing and will develop & utilize standardized program as an interface with DAQ system for test data processing and reporting. Work will be independent and/or collaborative for assigned components tasks. The position interacts extensively with engineering platform groups, product management, quality, supply chain, and other engineering function groups. This position strives for continuous improvement on efficiency of components qualification processes.What we offer you:
What you will do:
- Autonomy to help drive the development of our growing office on Prince Edward Island in a role that will impact our growth and how we work across all of our functions of Amsted Rail and with our sister Amsted divisions.
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package that only begins with a strong base salary commensurate with skills and abilities, but includes annual incentive opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package
- Investment into your personal and professional development to ensure you remain at the top of your field and can reach your goals
- Being a part of team who cares about YOU - the professional and the person
- Responsible for the on-time completion of components evaluation plan development and execution
- Investigates and analyzes component design requirements and leads DFMEA to identify components failure risks
- Work with components engineers, product engineers, and quality engineers, to develop risk/reliability evaluation plan
- Establishes test criteria, participates in laboratory testing, and analyzes test data.
- Participates on components customized design and can conceptualize and communicate design ideas with vendors.
- Works closely with senior components engineers and vendors in generating drawing and specification for component design requirements.
- Develop & utilize standardized interface program with test data acquisition system for test data processing and reporting. Continuously enhance/upgrade the program for improvements on efficiency/velocity of the components testing process
- Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Effective communication, written and verbal, with a globally diverse audience
- Ability to work independently and with others on teams to understand and translate components requirements from product application requirements
- Ability to learn to understand product system performance, components interaction in the system, reliability of the system, quality goals, design for reliability, and general engineering fundamentals.
- Collaborate with product teams/Quality/Reliability/Manufacturing/Sourcing to implement key metrics into components qualification testing and ensure all reliability goals are achieved
- Knowledge on electronics basis and mechatronics
- Knowledge on DFMEA for systems/subsystems/components
- Knowledge of HVAC systems & subsystems and electrical controls application in such systems is a plus
- Familiar with MS Office Tools: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical & Electronics engineering, Mechanical engineering or related area required.
- Experience: In school projects/Labs or 1+ years of experience
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, salary continuation, and a health spending account
- Company pension program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement credit
This position is being filled in our Charlottetown office and isnot available for remote work
at this time. Travel periodically to different facilities, suppliers, trade shows, up to 25% including internationally.
Amsted Rail offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company and 100% employee-owned, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make this company not only a profitable company, but also a place to grow our careers. We strive to be a place that people are attracted to, and we go steps beyond to make sure our employees are happy on the job - and away from it.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT