Amazon is now offering flexibility to choose among 3 different working models, in-office, hybrid, and virtual. Please, check below further information:
• In Office: Employees will be office based for the majority of their time. Employees on an in-office work pattern will be assigned a desk in an Amazon building. Employees will be required to reside within a commutable distance of the office they are assigned to.
• Hybrid: Employees will be required to reside within a commutable distance of the office they are assigned to, but have the flexibility to regularly work from home as well as from the office. Employees on a Hybrid work pattern will be expected to attend at their assigned office a minimum of one day per week. These employees will follow agile seating when in office.
• Virtual Workers: Employees must be based in the role's country, and are not generally required to attend an office facility. If needed, all WFH employees can attend an office for critical trainings, meetings and team-building events. These employees will follow agile seating when in office.
Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the 'Cloud Ambassador' across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use ground breaking technologies.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
• Interact with leading engineers around the world.
• Partner with AWS teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
• Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
• Drive customer communication during critical events.
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers' technical support experience.
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
WHY AWS PREMIUM SUPPORT?
• First and foremost this is a customer support role - in The Cloud.
• On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer's cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
• Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives to ensure better customer experience and compliance with global AWS standards, practices and policies.
• Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
• Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
• We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
• Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
• As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
This role supports and focuses on our Networking services such as Virtual Private Network, Direct Connect, Transit Gateway, Client VPN. Our support engineers are also the "voice of the customer" and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ year of development or technical support experience
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
• Desired Bachelor's degree in Information Science/Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience troubleshooting networking issues using several tools (traceroute, mtr, ping, iperf, dig/nslookup, cURL, tcpdump/wireshark and related)
• Good Knowledge of network security (SSL/TLS, Network- and Web Application Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Services)
• Good Knowledge managing domain transfers, records and DNS security (DNSSEC and DNS Filtering)
• Good OS knowledge oriented to maintenance and administrative purposes (Windows or Linux)
• Experience with Networking and troubleshooting (HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, Routing and Switching, Load Balancing)
• Experience in monitoring IT services and good command of associated technologiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 2 to 4 years of relevant experience
• Experience configuring virtual server environments.
• Knowledge/experience in configuring and supporting devices such as Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, SonicWALL, Checkpoint, Palo Alto etc.
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Experience configuring software-based Load Balancing solutions.
• Experience with end to end application monitoring, tracing and alerting using tools like CloudWatch, Grafana, Datadog, Prometheus etc.
• Good understanding of security best practices.
• Good understanding of distributed computing environments and methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics