Client Care Advisor - 37.5hrs/week
Reference ID: RBCAA008888608
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team at RBC as a Client Care Advisor. In this role you will act as a first point of contact, greeting incoming customers and monitoring customer traffic to ensure wait times are kept to a minimum. You will contribute to the branch unit by meeting its sales objectives and related strategies by opportunity spotting customers needs and referring them to the appropriate co-worker (Account Manager or IRP role, etc.) The successful candidate will assist customers with their everyday banking needs (answer questions and inquiries), review and change service packages for personal banking customers, assist personal banking customers with their client cards, provide general information on RBC products and services.
- Put clients first and ensure excellent customer service is delivered from the first time point of contact, and taking personal accountability for the resolution of customer concerns.
- Contribute to the branch unit by meeting its sales objectives and related strategies, opportunity spotting customers' needs and referring them to the appropriate co-worker (Account Manager or Investment Retirement Planner role, etc.)
- Develop relationships with service partners and the local market to optimize business opportunities and referrals.
- Strong knowledge and comfort in using technology and merchandising assets to drive client experience and business results
- Flexibility in the workplace environment - adaptability and comfort in approaching and interacting with clients "on the floor"
- Client service oriented
Knowledge / Experience
- Possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to discover and meet the client's needs.
-This role has a concentration in Operational procedures for the branch - a strong operational background is an asset.
- Proven success in a customer service role
- Proven organizational skills, the ability to compile paperwork in an orderly fashion
- A comprehensive background within the financial industry would be an asset
- Great listening skills - the ability to accurately listen and understand; then respond appropriately when interacting with clients and co-workers is a definite asset.
- Ability to respond calmly and constructively when dealing with irate clients or when working in a stressful situation.
- Information-seeking skills - the ability to find out more and improve your understanding of a client's situation or issue
** Successful candidate must have an interest in further training and development, including obtaining mutual funds accreditation (IFIC), as this role is seen as a future transition opportunity for other branch roles.
Branch hours are Monday - Saturday, with evening hours on Thursday (8:00 PM) and Saturday (9:00 - 4:00).
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 83 Queen Street
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Entry Level
Pay Type: Hourly
Position Level: PL11
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/28/2019
Req ID: 186386
Posted: April 16, 2019
Closes: June 15, 2019