is currently seeking a Municipal Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, located at our Summerside office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for the preparation of engineering reports, documents, and drawings involving the planning, analysis and design of Municipal infrastructure projects.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPRESPONSIBILITIES
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Design of linear infrastructure and land development projects
- Coordinate the preparation of drawings required for approvals, prepare development and construction cost estimates;
- Contribute to the cost effective, proper and timely production of engineering designs, that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved;
- Provide construction support and/or administration for municipal projects as required;
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to CAD operators and junior technical staff;
- Provide Quality Management by ensuring quality procedures are followed for drawings and reports;
- Develop and maintain ongoing client relationships;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- 6+ years' experience in the design of municipal infrastructure and/or transportation projects;
- Municipal engineering background (land development, municipal road reconstructions, multidiscipline);
- P.Eng. designation in Prince Edward Island a must;
Expected Salary (all locations): $70,500 - $119,800
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it might pay and offer for this position, based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to internal equity and specific geographic location. WSP Canada reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant's sex or other status protected by provincial and/or federal law. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.