BAND 4 - Director, Financial Planning and Reporting- CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$96,400.00 - $128,100.03 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
Financial Services Branch/Finance and Corporate Services
Job Summary AMENDMENT FEBRURARY 3, 2023: CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TOFEBRURARY 12, 2023
Bring your leadership skills and management expertise to this exciting opportunity
The Ministry of Children and Family Development provides services that support healthy, safe environments where children are connected to their family and community. The ministry delivers most of its services locally through contracted agencies as well as through centrally administered provincial programs.
The Finance and Corporate Services Division provides a suite of strategic business services enabling ministry staff to support the well-being of children, youth and families in BC. The division works across the ministry to ensure compliance with corporate financial policy and legislation and assists clients in achieving their business and financial objectives.
The Director, Financial Planning and Reporting leads the preparation of the ministry's annual budget and ensures the provision of proactive reporting and analysis of actual financial performance to ministry executive, program managers, and central agencies (Treasury Board Staff, Office of the Comptroller General, and Office of the Auditor General) in support of effective stewardship of ministry resources and to achieve compliance with legislation and policy; ensures the development and maintenance of a ministry framework for setting, measuring, analyzing, and reporting on operational performance measures; and, influences ministry decisions by overseeing the production and conveyance of the financial implications of initiatives and projects.Job Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Professional accounting designation (CPA/CA/CGA/CMA).
- NOTE: If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must request a comprehensive report and the MCFD supplemental report to be considered for this competition.
- A minimum of 5 years progressively more responsible experience acting in a management capacity in an accounting, budgeting, or financial management environment.
- A minimum of 5 years experience including planning, developing and implementing financial policy, procedures, programs, or projects.
- A minimum of 5 years experience supervising/leading staff or work teams, including developing and evaluating performance goals, coaching, team-building, and mentoring.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, public administration or another related discipline.
- Related experience working in the social sector.
- Related experience working in public sector budgeting and forecasting.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Kim.Shenton@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status], Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter: No
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: Yes
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (Comprehensive): Yes
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of willingness/ proviso requirements.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Finance, Leadership and Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance