BAND 3 - Senior Manager, Indigenous Relations Position Classification
Band 3 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$77,700.20 - $110,000.05 annually Close Date
5/22/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure Ministry Branch / Division
Major Projects and Alternate Procurement Job Summary Senior Manager, Indigenous Relations
Management Band 3
This position is excluded from union membership.
This position is currently under review for exclusion.
This position may be performed from these locations: Victoria orVancouver. Other locations in the South Coast may be considered based on operational requirements.
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Major Projects and Alternative Procurement Branch (MPAP) is responsible for all aspects of strategic planning, programming, alternative procurement and delivery of the Ministry's major transportation projects throughout the province. MPAP's major capital projects are typically valued at greater than $250 Million and include elements of complexity with respect to design, procurement, and Indigenous relations. MPAP leads the planning, development, and approvals for major capital projects, as well as plays a key role in the procurement and delivery of the projects.
MPAP is currently offering oversight, advice and delivery on over $7 Billion worth of capital projects including Kicking Horse Canyon Project, Highway 91/17 and Deltaport Way Upgrade Project, Broadway Subway, Pattullo Bridge Replacement, Surrey Langley SkyTrain and Highway 99 Crossing.
Reporting to the Director, Indigenous Relations, the position leads the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of the province's duty to consult First Nations and to provide authoritative advice, interpretation and/or consultation services for the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Major Projects.
The Manager leads substantive negotiations, provides strategic planning advice and approaches to negotiations and formulates negotiation strategies through consultation. The incumbent is accountable for leading the initiation, negotiation and implementation of accommodation agreements with Indigenous Communities and collaboration with other ministries/agencies. The incumbent leads and supervises negotiation staff, as assigned.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Dallas.Chislett@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Master's degree in a relevant area and 3 years related and progressively more responsible experience; OR,
• University degree in a relevant area and 5 years related and progressively more responsible experience; OR,
• Technical diploma in a relevant area and 7 years related and progressively more responsible experience; OR,
• A relevant combination of education and related experience may be considered.Related Experience must include:
• Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in a highly intense working environment
• Experience providing strategic Indigenous relations advice to Ministry Executive, senior government officials (or private sector equivalent) on projects/negotiations status.
• Experience leading complex multi-party negotiations in a cross-cultural setting.
• Experience dealing with politically sensitive and provincially significant issues
• Experience in a management capacity including strategic and operational business and organizational planning and financial management.
• Experience related to First Nations Consultation and relationship building.
• Experience leading and resolving complex issues with Indigenous Communities and staff.Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
• Experience working on transportation related projects.
• Experience working with Indigenous organizations and/or communities.
• Experience leading and oversight for programs/serviceApplicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES -
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES -
You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.Job Category
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive