Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
403 University Ave, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1A 4N7
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we're here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We're looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
Asset Protection Representative (Loss Prevention)Shoppers Drug Mart
is looking for an Asset Protection Representative (APR), formerly Loss Prevention. Enjoy an exciting career with one of the largest Asset Protection teams in Canada and help keep the stores a great place for customers to shop!
Are you detailed oriented, organized, patient, able to work independently and cool under pressure, we have a career for you! Working in a dynamic environment, reporting into Asset Protection you will partner with the store management team to ensure product loss is minimized and Asset Protection awareness is on the minds of everyone. Your expertise in safety and investigation contributes to the bottom line, mitigates loss and increases profitability.
Support for you at Shoppers Drug Mart goes far beyond a pay cheque. We will reimburse your annual security license costs and support your ongoing career development with in-house training programs and tuition assistance. We offer a competitive pay rate, a Purchase Discount program as well as a company matched Pension Plan, Health Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Program and eligible Annual Bonus Program.As an Asset Protection Representative, You will:
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Deter, detect and apprehend for theft and fraud within retail locations; compile and present evidence for the purpose of court or arbitration
- Collaborate with other APRs to investigate provincial or national Organized Retail Crime (ORC) cases when they arise
- Collaborate with the local police service regularly
- Detect and identify potential shrink opportunities within operational core compliance
- Build and maintain partnerships with Associate-Owners and their team(s) by communicating and provide training on Asset Protection policies and procedures
- Assist Associate-Owners and their team(s) with incident de-escalation
- Participate in Community Events
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights, overnights and weekends(40 hours per week)
How You will Succeed:
- Valid Provincial Security Guard License required
- Basic understanding of the of Criminal Code of Canada, Trespass to Property Act and Powers of Arrest and CCTV and/or surveillance systems & have a working knowledge of Windows based applications (Word, Power Point and Outlook)
- Professional, friendly and approachable demeanor
- A high degree of initiative and integrity required to be successful in a dynamic environment
- Strong collaborative skills and a willingness to support Associate-Owners
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
- Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers & Canada's Top Employers for Young People.Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.
Administrative Customer Service and Support