Amsted Canada is not only a leader in the manufacture of industrial components, we are a company where you are the driver of your own career. At Amsted, we know that our employees are at the heart of our world-class business and we value you and want you to excel with us. We spend time understanding where you want your career to go and help you get there by offering the support and resources that will allow you to grow with us. At Amsted, we also encourage a spirit of Innovation by allowing time and space to experiment, to think differently and to challenge the status quo. If this is the type of environment where you believe you will thrive, we encourage you to join us.
Operating under the Amsted Industries umbrella since 1962, today we are meeting the growing needs of a global market with over 80 facilities across six continents.
Amsted Canada has established a new Business Center in downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. We are elevating our Global Technology teams in several areas including but not limited to Security, Development, Infrastructure, Emerging Technology, and SAP. We are also expanding our Shared Services Support (HR and Payroll) in PEI. These teams are instrumental in providing support to all Amsted affiliate locations worldwide.Position Details
If you are a Front-End Developer
- Play a Critical Role in delivering a world-class customer experience for a global audience of B2B users of our web-based transportation management solutions, in collaboration with Business Stakeholders, Data Scientists, UX/UI Designers, C#/.NET Developers, and IoT Engineers.
- Help Set the Standards by working across several highly-dynamic, and evolving web-based software applications. You will create new Angular UI applications and review existing code-bases, including front-end libraries.
- Work on complex projects within an agile, Azure DevOps process environment
- Collaborate with back-end developers, third-party contractors, and UX designers to improve usability, provide insight, expertise and coding services
- Work directly with internal stakeholders to understand & improve the usability of their internal web-based IoT software applications
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and UI consistency, based on an agile, evolving Design System that you help create
- Write functional requirement documents and guides, as needed
- Help research and implement standard coding methodologies to improve workflows through the selection of evolving technologies and tools that will build expert-level interactive user experiences
- Develop and continually improve client-side architecture for web applications
- You must write well designed, testable, efficient code; and use your in-depth knowledge of front-end testing tools and best-practices to optimize site performance and maximize site speed
- Identify project risks, raise concerns and provide alternatives to handling risks by working with management, UX, and development team members
- Understanding & appreciation of layout aesthetics; possessing a deep understanding of design layout and behavior to translate advanced design prototypes into pixel-perfect, semantic markup and responsive web pages
- In-depth knowledge of front-end testing tools and best-practices to optimize site performance & speed
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Understanding of the WCAG principles, Section 508
- Comfort with continuous integration (CI) tools and the command line
- Experience with package management like npm, automated tooling and build systems like node.js, version control, etc
Compensation & Benefits
- You're passionate about technology
- You have a unique combination of skills that allow you to build software that is as elegant as it is powerful
- You are self-directed and capable of identifying next tasks without explicit direction
- You have a fearless and positive attitude towards work and life
- You love learning and solving problems
- You thrive working within a team of professionals
- You believe anything is possible through coding
- You approach challenges with a positive attitude
- You are a systems thinker
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, salary continuation, and a health spending account.
- Company pension program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement credit
This position is being filled in our Charlottetown office and isnot available for remote work
at this time.
Amsted Rail offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company and 100% employee-owned, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make this company not only a profitable company, but also a place to grow our careers. We strive to be a place that people are attracted to, and we go steps beyond to make sure our employees are happy on the job - and away from it.