New Graduate Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Kitchener; TorontoOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.Like many students approaching graduation, you are probably thinking 'what now'? Well, why not start off by launching your career with the one firm where you can make a bigger impact than you ever thought possible. What will your typical day look like?
Our Actuarial and Insurance Solutions (AIS) practice will not just offer you a typical actuarial role. You will build innovative solutions to advance the actuarial field in addition to developing a deep knowledge of actuarial technical concepts and understanding the issues that will affect our clients.
More specifically, a career in AIS will offer you the opportunity to:
• Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with a diverse set of people who are eminent in their respective technical field
• Develop cutting-edge solutions in collaboration with our teams and with clients
• Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
• Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagementsAbout the team
The Assurance practice's value statement, or more simply, why we exist, is to "Build and elevate trust to help create a more resilient and sustainable tomorrow." The AIS practice is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional service line that engages with clients across the Life, Property & Casualty, and Pension industries. Our Canadian team is part of Deloitte's worldwide actuarial network, which includes over 1,500 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. Our service line performs client engagements that include, but are not limited to, technical actuarial work, enterprise risk management, actuarial process re-engineering, regulatory advisory, pension de-risking, predictive analytics, and M&A due diligence.
AIS is also part of Deloitte's insurance sector practice and provides a wide range of services that go beyond the actuarial discipline.
Our main objectives as a practice is to meet our clients' evolving needs and develop solutions that can help them take the next step in an industry being disrupted by emerging technology, stringent regulations, and changing customer needs. Enough about us, let's talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
• Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma in the fields of actuarial sciences, mathematics, risk management or a related field & significant progress towards ASA preferred (passed at least two SOA or CAS actuarial exam)
• Aptitude to synthesize quantitative analysis and effectively relay this information to others
• Research, financial analysis, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated capabilities in team work, leadership, strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong Computer skills - Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, etc.), Internet search tools, AXIS, etc
• Ability to build rapport within the practice and deliver high-quality work under time constraints
• Shows a keen interest in the latest developments in the insurance industry and exhibits passion in driving innovation in the actuarial field
• Shows a commitment to the insurance/risk management/data analytics fields through relevant classes/project work, past employment, and/or case competitions
• A strong entrepreneurial spirit who takes initiative in finding new work within the actuarial teamOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by May 15 at 11:59 p.m. ET: Our Life Actuarial positions are available in our Kitchener and Toronto offices, and our P&C and Pensions Actuarial positions are available in our Toronto office.
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Engineer, Developer, Equity, Law, Risk Management, Engineering, Technology, Finance, Legal
Apply now "
Banking, Finance and Insurance