ADMN O 21R - FireSmart Education Officer - AMENDMENT
Administrative Officer R21
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
$60,998.61 - $69,422.06 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
BC Wildfire Service
Job Summary FireSmart Education Officer
Administrative Officer R21
Amendment September 23, 2022: Job profile updated to reflect correct classification (AO21).
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career!
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique program of government tasked with the responsibility ofpreventing and managing wildfire on the landscape. With a workforce of approximately 1600 the program'sstaff are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in delivering effective wildfire management andemergency response support to protect values, while encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilientecosystems.
Reporting to the FireSmart Program Lead, the FireSmart Education Officer, provides leadership and direction for the FireSmart education program. The FireSmart Education Officer designs and implements new, innovative approaches to communications, social media, and internal and external education. The FireSmart Education Officer collaborates with a wide network of partners in indigenous and non-indigenous communities, all levels of government, fire departments, educational institutions, and media to accomplish Ministry objectives.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• University Degree in communications, journalism, education, public relations, business administration, English, social sciences, marketing, or a related discipline AND
a minimum of three years of recent related experience* OR
• A minimum of six years of recent, related experience*.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may
*Recent, related experience must include:
• Leading and managing all aspects of a public education program utilizing both traditional and social media.
• Developing public education programs in close collaboration with a wide network of internal and external partners and stakeholders.
• Developing and delivering formal training to large groups.Preference may be given to candidates with:
• Experience in prevention or FireSmart education programs.
• Leading a province-wide education program for an organization of similar scope and complexity.
• Working on education initiatives in collaboration with First Nations communities.
• Experience in project management.WILLINGNESS STATEMENTS
• To be flexible regarding ongoing changes in responsibilities, assignments and corporate structures.
• To keep current on emerging issues.
• To take in-house training and certification as required.
• To fly in aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) as required.
• To work extended hours, including weekends, and be on standby with limited notice in accordance with the preparedness plan
• To travel and overnight in remote locations where accommodations may vary as required.
• To be assigned or participate to Incident Command System positions and Incident Management Teams as required.
• To work under adverse or stressful conditions, including smoke, extreme heat and mountainous terrain in remote and isolated conditions.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians